Buy a Home With No Money Down!
Published On: December 28, 2015 Posted by: mabel zuleta
That is right, you could own a home in Virginia with no money down! VHDA (Virginia Housing Development Authority) has a program designed to help qualified borrowers who need down payment and closing cost assistance.
- Borrower(s) must have cash available equal to a minimum of 1% of the sales price.
- Second mortgage – 3.5% to 5% of sales price.
- Maximum second mortgage 3.5% for qualified borrowers with a 620 – 679 credit score or 5.0% for qualified borrowers with a 680 or greater credit score. The maximum second mortgage is based on the lower of sales price or appraised value.
- The 30-year fixed interest rate for the first and second (both VHDA-financed) mortgage is slightly higher than our standard fixed rate programs.
- The combined total of the two loans cannot exceed VHDA sales price limits
VHDA’s standard sales price and income limits apply.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- The standard FHA application/disclosure, along with FHA Plus program applications and disclosure, is required.
- Buydowns are not available.
- Both payments are to be included in the FHA shelter ratio.
- FHA’s standard qualifying guidelines apply (Minimum 620 credit score).
- Closing for first and second mortgages occurs simultaneously.
- Payments for both the first and the second mortgage will be due on the same date and paid to the same servicer.
- Borrowers must complete a VHDA-approved Homeownership Education class.
For more information about FHA Plus, contact us at 703-499-2914 we will be happy to assist you!